21 May 2008

Stupid Ladder, I Crush You!

Two-story magic Genie vs. 8-foot ladder, Omni Hotel, 1976


Hanna-Barbera, came to dominate the cartoon/animation industry beginning in the 50's, continuing into the mid-90's, with cult and classic cartoon series such as The Flintstones, The Jetsons, The Yogi Bear Show, Huckleberry Hound, and Johnny Quest. Later on, they added to their success with, (COUGH!), Scooby Doo, and, (CLEARS-THROAT!), Smurfs. Well, Hanna-Barbera was to make sorry-assed mistake by thinking they could be the indoor Disney of themes parks at the Omni Hotel in Atlanta. I wandered around that place during construction, and the spirits guided me to the Genie's house. What can I say? I was lucky, and I couldn't have set it up that way if I had tried. I got my picture printed in a bunch of newspapers, and by a couple of years later, the Hanna-Barbera Show at the Omni was kaput. I am not ashamed to admit that I think The Jetsons, and Johnny Quest were, and are high-art. If you dig Smurfs or Scooby Doo, don't tell me, because I WILL hold it against you. That is all.
Stupid Ladder, I Crush You!
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................