18 May 2008

20 Years And 20 Pounds Ago

Tired old wire service dawg- Bloomington, Indiana. Mid-80's

I became a slave instantly. There was no time to think about pictures anymore, I just made them automatically, met my deadline and then moved on. I became a machine, shooting pictures in the most efficient way possible, all the short-cuts and bad habits became automatic. Basically, while I made a few nice pictures, and a lot of high-value, efficient pictures- I had become creatively numb. It was a huge price to pay, and It's one of the huge reasons I quit. I have discovered that I have to re-visit some of this stuff before trudging on. Bear with me folks,( all 4 of you), it won't take long.
20 Years And 20 Pounds AgoSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's to the timely and helpful muses - I assure you that they will be there in just the right moment.

**** said...

thanks. I really appreciate the encouragement. poor Syd is getting worn down as my recent cheerleader. :)

Anne said...

Well good for you to break out of them slaveing ways!
Being a free man can be hard too and I strongly aggree with big sis... one day those muses will come knocking and all you need is to open the door:)

**** said...

positive vibes from far away, across the vast puddle! thank you both so much! (grinning-appreciatively)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

This is such a cool image.

**** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................