18 October 2008

"I Am Pro-American So I Am Sending Gov. Palin A Postcard"



From a Nashville, TN. member of iReport: The Post: is here.


"I ask all Americans to read this and to participate"

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told a fundraiser in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Thursday night:

"We believe that the best of America is in the small towns that we get to visit, and in the wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard-working, very patriotic, very pro-America areas of this great nation," she said. [WTF!?]


"I am astonished at this statement. I was born in East Los Angeles, and lived all over southern California until I was 13. Then I moved to a town that was not even on a map at the time called Canal Fulton, OH (it's a real place...look it up!). When I went to college I came to where I now call home...Nashville. Now I am the first to say there are HUGE differences among these three places I call home. However, NEVER...I MEAN NEVER ONCE in my 29 years have I ever thought that one of these places loved this country any more (or less) then the other. Gov. Palin apparently does.

This statement wasn't about Politics. It was about bigotry. Not aimed at any specific group (Liberals, blacks, hispanics, homosexuals) that might have a group organized and loud enough to have a backlash....but bigotry none the less.

So today this is what I ask of you. No matter who you support in this election, I ask all that feel that this statement is divisive and UNTRUE, to send Gov Palin a postcard from the big city you live in (or have lived in). I want her to see in a very real and very tangible way that we love our country, just as much as any person in a small town. REAL AMERICA is the sum of its people, not a location on a map. We live in the roughest parts of Los Angeles, the most expensive penthouse in New York, and the three bedroom home in Wasilla, Alaska. Please be respectful but be clear:

I am Pro-American and I am from the REAL America. I live (have lived) in (CITY)

I call on all of us who feel we are patriotic and send your city's postcard to Gov. Palin's office."

Juneau Office
Alaska State Capitol Building
Third Floor
P.O. Box 110001
Juneau, AK 99811-0001

Washington DC Office
444 North Capitol NW, Suite 336
Washington, DC 20001-1512

If you don't have the time of the money to mail a postcard you can email her your comments here http://gov.state.ak.us/govmail.php
"I Am Pro-American So I Am Sending Gov. Palin A Postcard"SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................