13 November 2008

Neko Case RECORDING DIARY: Election Night, Toronto, Ontario Canada 2008


Photo by: Dennis Kleiman

RECORDING DIARY: Election Night, Toronto, Ontario Canada 2008

(...)it's Election Day. It is strange not to be in my own country for the most important election in my lifetime. I voted 3 weeks ago absentee. I am glued to the polls and having a hard time concentrating here at crunch time. Upstairs in the studio the Canadians are doing something I did not expect; they are having a US election party.

There is no irony in any of their behavior, they know that if Obama wins, North America has the possibility to be a united and prosperous place once again. They care very much; they are rooting for us. They are making me cry when they cheer, (…)

The Canadians remind me that the rest of the world knows better, they know the overwhelming majority of us want peace and happiness for all people, it is our nature as humans, the beautiful side of that nature anyway.

neko case dot com (Please read the remainder).

Well put, woman. I couldn't have put it better to my cyber-friends and Blogo-Peers and visitors from out yonder.

(Thanks to benhästen, for turning me on to Dennis Kleiman a short while back. :)
Neko Case RECORDING DIARY: Election Night, Toronto, Ontario Canada 2008SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Anne said...

She's soo great in every way!!

**** said...

yes. isn't she though?

Gin on an empty stomach? Ooooooh...

I'm having flashbacks to school!

hope you are healing up. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................