23 September 2008

Where Does The Good Times Go?

"Bakersfield" hillbilly guitar hero, Buck Owens

I first heard, and saw Buck Owens on Hee Haw in the early 70's when I was still a young kid, (cough). I watched it every week. The Honky-Tonker's and guitar players of our generation owe a great deal to this man. It's kind of like how even a Jazz player I know learned Travis Picking as a fundamental early on.

This is a great picture I found over yonder at If Charlie Parker Was A Gunslinger(...). Many thanks to the illustrious benhästen. Now I have to compliment these folks for all of the incredibly awesome stuff they post over there, but I have noticed that they are not sticklers about sourcing images, or taking care of the attribution chore. Please folks, I got more information than I ever needed from one of your posts, by just looking at the embedded documention in Photoshop. Please try to do better. These other folks are just as important as Eudora Welty and Diane Arbus. Besides, I wanna KNOW. Thank you, that is all.
Where Does The Good Times Go?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES times a million.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................