11 July 2008

I Am A Phineas Phreak

(RoadsideAmerica.com)

"Phineas Gage - Man With a Metal Rod in His Head"

Address:
VT 131, Cavendish, VT
Directions:
I-91 exit 8. West on Hwy 131 13 miles to Cavendish. The memorial plaques are bolted to a big rock in an empty lot at the corner of Hwy 131 and S. Pleasant St. Cavendish only has a couple of streets, so it's hard to miss.
Hours:
Daylight hours.

(Image and particulars via Roadside America).

I honestly have been finding more Phineas Gage gems as I go about my business on the web. I apologize to those of you who are a little nonplussed by the subject, or have already seen what there is to see. Really, I am more fascinated by the drawings, computer models and animation than the story. The story is pretty complete by now, except for some continued theories and mechanics of just how this injury affected Gage's brain, and thus translated into his personality changes.I will just be posting the images without much fanfare for my own satisfaction, and to spread the good word.
I Am A Phineas Phreak
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................