19 October 2009

But then artists have violated terms for centuries, and collecting is an art.




(...)It seems the web isn't ready for photographs of women in undress, unless they say nothing about the history of photography, society or culture.

The collector was, and is, proud of the collection. Each was selected and purchased over the years for a specific reason and to make a specific point about humanity, sexual identity, the role and function of shame in our society, the relationship between men and women, photographer and subject, voyeur and exhibitionist, humor and tragedy, choice and coercion and much more.(...)


(...) "But then artists have violated terms for centuries, and collecting is an art."


Jim Linderman, on the censoring of his blog by Google.
But then artists have violated terms for centuries, and collecting is an art.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I always have problems if I have nudes in my paintings. I even went so far as to blur parts of the painting, but that wasn't enough. I felt ridiculous. It was paint, not real pictures of genitals or even breasts.

**** said...

you're not alone... I think there are still many of us who while progressive and not really hung-up about it, still are inhibited and uncertain about how to go about it. I know I am.

Urology Surgery in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................