24 January 2009

Monty Python Puts Free HQ Videos Online; Sells 23,000% More DVDs

Ministry Of Silly Walks


Monty Python started a YouTube channel with tons of their sketches streaming for free. They included links to their DVDs at Amazon. The result was a whopping 23,000% increase in sales.

For 3 years you YouTubers have been ripping us off, taking tens of thousands of our videos and putting them on YouTube. Now the tables are turned. It's time for us to take matters into our own hands.

We know who you are, we know where you live and we could come after you in ways too horrible to tell. But being the extraordinarily nice chaps we are, we've figured a better way to get our own back: We've launched our own Monty Python channel on YouTube.

No more of those crap quality videos you've been posting. We're giving you the real thing - HQ videos delivered straight from our vault.

What's more, we're taking our most viewed clips and uploading brand new HQ versions. And what's even more, we're letting you see absolutely everything for free. So there!

But we want something in return.

None of your driveling, mindless comments. Instead, we want you to click on the links, buy our movies & TV shows and soften our pain and disgust at being ripped off all these years.



GIZMODO QUOTE VERBATIM: (as much as I admire it, it's not mine).
Are you paying attention, MPAA and RIAA? A controlled release of free material keeps people from resorting to piracy and keeps them in your controlled ecosphere, which can include, yes, ways for fans to give you money. But when you're a bunch of pricks, people go to The Pirate Bay and think of you as the enemy, and then you don't get any money. Take notes, you idiots. via: gizmodo
Monty Python Puts Free HQ Videos Online; Sells 23,000% More DVDsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

5 comments:

John M. said...

What I've been saying all along.

It's just a matter of the old guard stepping off and the connected stepping in.

**** said...

Yeah. you're absolutely right. The Big-Boys are going to live or die by it, and a lot of artists too. We'll see.

NOTE: LOL. That rant came directly from @Gizmodo. I worried that people might mistake it for mine,so I italicized it. Now, I think i'll go and add some more emphasis, tho' really, I couldn't have put it better. lmao.

Thanks for stopping in. I'm trying get back in the groove after the file-hosting spasm and a personal Twitter spasm. Weeeee!

John M. said...

Glad to have you back. I'm tired of Twitter. It's mostly hype and has little substance. It's too limiting.

As far as blogging goes, there is a momentum factor. Just take a look at my monthly post count!

I'm gradually shifting toward the Tumblr. I'm keeping UT v.i going to maintain community, but if that dies off, all the action will be over by v.ii.

To be honest, the more I move away from the establishment blogosphere, the more friendly the reception. There are definitely some snotty and elitist Tumblrs, but I'm enjoying the community I'm becoming a part of over there.

**** said...

I think you're on to something. I think that I have basically moved to turning the Mad-head into a Tumblr of sorts. No one wants to read anymore, and if they do... I think it's apparent what most people have time for, or are willing to stop and read. Latest I read on the research front for Blogs and other Web-content, the avg. staying-power is under 8 seconds. Soooo... I've had my fun. Twitter now=MKTG. √

John M. said...

If I have to include text, it's only just enough to explain what is going on - and only if it is needed. Otherwise, I provide links for the curious and leave it at that.

Since I have been blogging, my book larnin' has suffered, so if I'm going to read, I'll stick with the pros. (no pun intended!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

...................................